Requesting of offsite materials will be unavailable December 13-17.

Researchers visiting Rose Library during that time should make requests for offsite materials by 5pm on Wednesday, December 12.

For assistance, please contact us at rose.library@emory.edu or 404-727-6887.

EMORY UNIVERSITY. SCHOOL OF LAW.
Emory Law School bulletins, 1919-1999

Emory University

Emory Law Archives

Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library

1301 Clifton Road

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-0059

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bn1ph


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Emory University. School of Law.
Title: Emory Law School bulletins, 1919-1999
Call Number:L-012
Extent: 1.6 linear ft. (4 boxes)
Abstract:Bulletins (course catalogs) of the Emory Law School published by the Office of Admissions which contain information regarding degree program requirements, faculty and administration, course descriptions, admission and registration, student life, and regulations.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Transfer.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Emory Law School bulletins, Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed Nancy Hall Watkins, 2005.


Collection Description

Administrative History

The Emory University School of Law was established in 1916. The Emory Board of Trustees named the new enterprise L.Q.C. Lamar School of Law. Lamar had graduated from Emory College in 1845 and had a distinguished career as a statesman, scholar and lawyer. The law and theology schools were the first academic buildings completed on the Emory Quadrangle. In 1919, the law school hired its first dean, Samuel C. Williams. By 1923, the American Bar Association classified Emory as a "Class A" school.

In 1972, the present day Gambrell Hall was constructed and named in honor of E. Smythe Gambrell's parents. E. Smythe Gambrell, joined the adjunct faculty in 1924 and served on the faculty until the eve of World War II. The Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, adjacent to Gambrell Hall, opened its doors in 1995.

Scope and Content Note

This collection consists of the bulletins (course catalogs) of the Law School from 1919 through 1999. Bulletins, also referred to as course catalogs, are published by the Office of Admissions. The information they contain includes, but is not limited to, degree program requirements, faculty and administration, course descriptions, admission and registration, student life, and regulations.

Arrangement Note

Arranged chronologically.



Container List

Box Folder Content
1 1 Bulletin, 1919-1920
1 2 Bulletin, 1920-1921
1 3 Bulletin, 1925-1926
1 4 Bulletin, 1926-1927
1 5 Bulletin, 1940-1941
1 6 Bulletin, 1941-1942
1 7 Bulletin, 1943-1944
1 8 Bulletin, 1945 December 15
1 9 Bulletin, 1946-1947
1 10 Bulletin, 1947-1948
1 11 Bulletin, 1948-1949
1 12 Bulletin, 1949-1950
1 13 Bulletin, 1950-1951
1 14 Bulletin, 1951-1952
1 15 Bulletin, 1952-1953
1 16 Bulletin, 1953-1954
1 17 Bulletin, 1954-1955
1 18 Bulletin, 1955-1956
1 19 Bulletin, 1956-1957
1 20 Bulletin, 1957-1958
1 21 Bulletin, 1958-1959
1 22 Bulletin, 1959-1960
1 23 Bulletin, 1961-1962
1 24 Bulletin, 1962-1963
1 25 Bulletin, 1963-1964
1 26 Bulletin, 1964-1965
1 27 Bulletin, 1965-1966
1 28 Bulletin, 1966-1967
2 1 Bulletin, 1967-1968
2 2 Bulletin, 1968-1969
2 3 Bulletin, 1969-1970
2 4 Bulletin, 1970-1971
2 5 Bulletin, 1971-1972
2 6 Bulletin, 1972-1973
2 7 Bulletin, 1973-1974
2 8 Bulletin, 1974-1975
2 9 Bulletin, 1975-1976
2 10 Bulletin, 1976
2 11 Bulletin, 1977
2 12 Bulletin, 1977-1978
2 13 Bulletin, 1978-1979
3 1 Bulletin, 1979-1980
3 2 Bulletin, 1980-1981
3 3 Bulletin, 1981-1982
3 4 Bulletin, 1982-1983
3 5 Bulletin, 1983-1984
3 6 Bulletin, 1984-1985
3 7 Bulletin, 1985-1986
4 1 Bulletin, 1986-1988
4 2 Bulletin, 1988-1990
4 3 Bulletin, 1988-1992
4 4 Bulletin, 1997-1999
v1.11.0-dev