Requesting of offsite materials will be unavailable December 13-17.

Researchers visiting Rose Library during that time should make requests for offsite materials by 5pm on Wednesday, December 12.

For assistance, please contact us at rose.library@emory.edu or 404-727-6887.

EMORY UNIVERSITY. SCHOOL OF LAW.
Emory Law School special programs records, 1964-2005

Emory University

Emory Law Archives

Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library

1301 Clifton Road

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-0059

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bn1rs


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Emory University. School of Law.
Title: Emory Law School special programs records, 1964-2005
Call Number:L-016
Extent: 1.5 linear ft. (3 boxes)
Abstract:Collection of information about special programs presented by the Emory University School of Law
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Transfer.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Emory Law School special programs records, Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed Nancy Hall Watkins, 2006.


Collection Description

Administrative History

The Emory University School of Law was established in 1916. The Emory Board of Trustees named the new enterprise L.Q.C. Lamar School of Law. Lamar had graduated from Emory College in 1845 and had a distinguished career as a statesman, scholar and lawyer. The law and theology schools were the first academic buildings completed on the Emory Quadrangle. In 1919, the law school hired its first dean, Samuel C. Williams. By 1923, the American Bar Association classified Emory as a "Class A" school.

In 1972, the present day Gambrell Hall was constructed and named in honor of E. Smythe Gambrell's parents. E. Smythe Gambrell, joined the adjunct faculty in 1924 and served on the faculty until the eve of World War II. The Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, adjacent to Gambrell Hall, opened its doors in 1995.

Scope and Content Note

This collection consists of information about special programs presented by the School of Law.

Arrangement Note

Arranged in alphabetical order by subject.



Container List

Box Folder Content
1 1 ALI-ABA course of study, 1964
1 2 CLEO summer institute, 1968
1 3 Emory community legal services center, 1968-1971
1 4 Emory summer program for lawyers, 1976-1981
1 5 Emory women's legal resource center, 1975
1 6 Food and drug law forum, 1953
1 7 Legal assistance for inmates, 1968-1969
1 8 Olin fellowship, 1983
2 1 Orientation to professionalism, 1998-August
2 2 Orientation to professionalism, 1998-October
2 3 Orientation to professionalism, 1999-February
2 4 Orientation to professionalism, 1999-August
2 5 Orientation to professionalism, 1999-October
2 6 Orientation to professionalism, 2000-February
2 7 Orientation to professionalism, 2000-August
2 8 Orientation to professionalism, 2000-October
3 1 Orientation to professionalism, 2001-February
3 2 Orientation to professionalism, 2001-August
3 3 Orientation to professionalism, 2001-October
3 4 Orientation to professionalism, 2002-February
3 5 Orientation to professionalism, 2002-August
3 6 Orientation to professionalism, 2003-February
3 7 Orientation to professionalism, 2003-August
3 8 Orientation to professionalism, 2004-January
3 9 Orientation to professionalism, 2004-August
3 10 Orientation to professionalism, 2005-January
1 9 "Pre-Start" program for prospective black law students, 1966-1977
1 10 Southeastern Assembly on State Legislature in American Politics, 1967
1 11 Traffic court conference, 1963
v1.11.0-dev