Requesting of offsite materials will be unavailable December 13-17.

Researchers visiting Rose Library during that time should make requests for offsite materials by 5pm on Wednesday, December 12.

For assistance, please contact us at rose.library@emory.edu or 404-727-6887.

EMORY UNIVERSITY. SCHOOL OF LAW.
Office of Alumni Relations records, 1981-2011

Emory University

Emory Law Archives

Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library

1301 Clifton Road

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-0059

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bn1sx


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Emory University. School of Law.
Title: Office of Alumni Relations records, 1981-2011
Call Number:L-017
Extent: .25 linear ft. (1 boxes)
Abstract:Records of the Emory Law School Office of Alumni Relations including minutes of the Law Alumni Association Executive Committee and materials related to the Young Law Alumni Council.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Transfer.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Office of Alumni Relations records, Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed Nancy Hall Watkins, 2009.


Collection Description

Administrative History

The Emory University School of Law was established in 1916. The Emory Board of Trustees named the new enterprise L.Q.C. Lamar School of Law. Lamar had graduated from Emory College in 1845 and had a distinguished career as a statesman, scholar and lawyer. The law and theology schools were the first academic buildings completed on the Emory Quadrangle. In 1919, the law school hired its first dean, Samuel C. Williams. By 1923, the American Bar Association classified Emory as a "Class A" school.

In 1972, the present day Gambrell Hall was constructed and named in honor of E. Smythe Gambrell's parents. E. Smythe Gambrell, joined the adjunct faculty in 1924 and served on the faculty until the eve of World War II. The Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, adjacent to Gambrell Hall, opened its doors in 1995.

Scope and Content Note

The collection contains records of the Office of Alumni Relations which works to maintain relationships between Emory Law School graduates and the School of Law. The records include meeting minutes of the Law Alumni Association Executive Committee (1981-1985, 2000-2001) and materials related to the Young Law Alumni Council (1993-1996).

Arrangement Note

Arranged in chronological order.



Container List

Box Folder Content
1 1 Law Alumni Association, 1981-1985-Executive committee
1 2 Law Alumni Association, 2000-2001-Executive committee
1 3 Young Law Alumni Council, 1993-1996
v1.11.0-dev