EMORY UNIVERSITY. SCHOOL OF LAW.
Emory Law School publications,
Emory Law School publications, 1938-2016, undated
Emory Law Archives
Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library
1301 Clifton Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bn1zm
|Creator:||Emory University. School of Law.|
|Title:||Emory Law School publications, 1938-2016, undated|
|Extent:||6.5 linear ft. (13 boxes)|
|Abstract:||Publications and printed materials produced by the Emory University School of Law.|
|Language:||Materials entirely in English.|
Restrictions on Access
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.
[after identification of item(s)], Emory Law School publications, Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, Emory University.
Processed Nancy Hall Watkins, 2010.
The Emory University School of Law was established in 1916. The Emory Board of Trustees named the new enterprise L.Q.C. Lamar School of Law. Lamar had graduated from Emory College in 1845 and had a distinguished career as a statesman, scholar and lawyer. The law and theology schools were the first academic buildings completed on the Emory Quadrangle. In 1919, the law school hired its first dean, Samuel C. Williams. By 1923, the American Bar Association classified Emory as a "Class A" school.
In 1972, the present day Gambrell Hall was constructed and named in honor of E. Smythe Gambrell's parents. E. Smythe Gambrell, joined the adjunct faculty in 1924 and served on the faculty until the eve of World War II. The Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, adjacent to Gambrell Hall, opened its doors in 1995.
Scope and Content Note
This collection contains a variety of publications and printed materials produced by the School of Law from 1939-2009. Most are incomplete runs.
Organized into four subseries: (1) Brochures and pamphlets, (2) Directories, (3) Journals, and (4) Magazines, newsletters and newspapers.