TAYLORSVILLE METHODIST CHURCH (TAYLORSVILLE, GA.).
Taylorsville Methodist Church (Taylorsville, Ga.), Church register, 1906-1969

Emory University

Pitts Theology Library

1531 Dickey Drive, Suite 560

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-4166

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/ghm52


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Taylorsville Methodist Church (Taylorsville, Ga.).
Title: Taylorsville Methodist Church (Taylorsville, Ga.), Church register, 1906-1969
Call Number:Manuscript Collection No. 206
Extent: 0.2 cubic ft. (1 folder)
Abstract:Contains one volume detailing the succession of bishops, presiding elders, and preachers in charge from 1906-1933 and the record of membership from 1906-1969 of the Taylorsville Methodist Church.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Taylorsville Methodist Church (Taylorsville, Ga.), Church Register, Archives and Manuscript Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed by Anne Graham, 2000.


Collection Description

Biographical Note

Little information concerning Taylorsville Methodist Church was located. It was located in Taylorsville, Georgia, which is a part of the Rome District of the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church (UMC), formerly the Methodist Episcopal Church, South (MECS). The church was active from 1906-1969, but the dates of its founding and closing are unknown.

Scope and Content Note

This volume contains a record of the succession of bishops, presiding elders, and preachers in charge from 1906-1933 and the record of membership from 1906-1969 of the Taylorsville Methodist Church. There are no records of marriages and only one entry under the register of infant baptisms: Hugh Isiah Jackson, the son of Mrs. Malinda Jackson was baptized in October of 1923.

The register was published by the Publishing House of the Methodist Episcopal Church South of Nashville, Tennessee and Dallas, Texas. The entries are handwritten in both pencil and ink. The binding is torn and several pages are loose. The membership roll for 1956 is on two separate sheets of paper stuck into the front of the register.



v1.11.0-dev