EMORY UNIVERSITY. BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
Emory University Board of Trustees records, 1914-1994

Emory University

Emory University Archives

Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-6887

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bmksh


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Emory University. Board of Trustees.
Title: Emory University Board of Trustees records, 1914-1994
Call Number:Series No. 19
Extent: 3.5 linear ft. (7 boxes)
Abstract:Records created by the Emory University Board of Trustees, including bylaws and charters, handbooks, member lists, minutes, and subject files.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Related Materials in This Repository

Board of Trustees minutes (Series 40), Board of Trustees Executive Committee minutes (Series 39)

Source

Transfer.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Emory University Board of Trustees records, Emory University Archives, Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed by Nancy Hall Watkins, 2004.


Collection Description

Administrative History

The Emory University Board of Trustees governs the University by establishing policy and exercising fiduciary responsibility for the long-term well-being of the institution. The Board and its Executive Committee act on recommendations from board committees, University officers, and the University Senate.

The Board has been in existence since 1915. Until 1918, when a full board of thirty members was elected by the General Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, the petitioning incorporators served as an interim Board of Trustees. By custom, several board positions are filled by active bishops of the United Methodist Church.

The Emory University Board of Trustees governs the University by establishing policy and exercising fiduciary responsibility for the long-term well-being of the institution. The Board and its Executive Committee act on recommendations from board committees, University officers, and the University Senate.

The Board has been in existence since 1915. Until 1918, when a full board of thirty members was elected by the General Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, the petitioning incorporators served as an interim Board of Trustees. By custom, several board positions are filled by active bishops of the United Methodist Church.

Scope and Content Note

The series consists of records created by the Board of Trustees from 1915-1994 and includes bylaws, charters, membership lists, minutes, rosters, and subject files.

Arrangement Note

Arranged by type of material and alphabetically thereunder.


Selected Search Terms

Corporate Names

Topical Terms


Container List

v1.11.0-dev