EMORY UNIVERSITY. DEPT. OF CHEMISTRY.
Department of Chemistry records, 1924-1974

Emory University

Emory University Archives

Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-6887

rose.library@emory.edu

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/bsqs8

Digital Material Available in this Collection


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Emory University. Dept. of Chemistry.
Title: Department of Chemistry records, 1924-1974
Call Number:Series No. 78
Extent: .5 linear ft. (1 box) and
Abstract:The collection includes a printed material, photographs, correspondence, and other materials to the Department of Chemistry at Emory University.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Special restrictions apply: unprocessed material closed in accordance with Emory University Policy.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Transfer, 1991

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Department of Chemistry records, Emory University Archives, Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed by Nancy Hall Watkins, 2002.


Collection Description

Administrative History

Instruction in chemistry has been offered since the founding of Emory College in Oxford, Ga., in 1836. In 1903, the Department of Chemistry was formally established and persisted after the rechartering of Emory University and subsequent relocation to the Atlanta, Ga., campus.

Scope and Content Note

The collection includes a printed material, photographs, correspondence, and other materials to the Department of Chemistry at Emory University. It also contains the captured and preserved web site of the Department of Chemistry (http://www.chemistry.emory.edu/) available to browse via Internet Archive.

Arrangement Note

Arranged in alphabetical order by file type or subject.


Selected Search Terms

Personal Names

Topical Terms


Container List

Box Folder Content
1 1 Booklet, "Quantitative Analysis: A Laboratory Guide Designed for Premedical Students," 1924
1 2 Bound volume, "Seminar, Department of Chemistry, 1942-1943," by William H. Jones, 1943 August
1 3 Brochures, circa 1960s-1980s
1 4 Chemistry building, circa 1966-1974
1 5 Chemistry department news letter, number 16, 1958 August
1 6 Chemistry department news letter, number 17, 1959 March
1 7 Guy Reading Room, 1959-1961
1 8 Memoranda and correspondence, 1957, 1965, 1966, 1970
1 9 Photographs, originally part of photo album dedicated to J. Samuel Guy, undated
1 10 Photographs, undated
1 11 Piedmont Chapter, American Institute of Chemists, 1958-1964
1 12 Pi Alpha Chemical Fraternity, 1928-1930
1 13 Pi Alpha Chemical Fraternity, 1963-1966
1 14 Student resolution, "Appreciation to the Faculty of the Chemistry Department, 1929
1 15 Writings and speeches by Osborn R. Quayle, 1944-1950
Online Emory University Department of Chemistry web archive, 2012-
v1.11.0-dev