Series 2
Oxford Campus (Oxford, GA), 1949-1990
Boxes 18-20

Scope and Content Note

The Oxford Campus series, 1949-1990, includes materials similar to those in the Atlanta Campus series, but related to Oxford College and the original Emory College campus in Oxford, GA. The bulk of these materials originate from the years 1960-1979. In addition to records pertaining to the destruction, maintenance, and renovation of Emory College’s historic buildings—e.g. Seney Hall, the President’s House, Phi Gamma Hall—and the construction of new residential and athletic facilities, this series will also be of interest to those researching the administrative relationship between Oxford College and Emory University in Atlanta.

Arrangement Note

Arranged alphabetically by building or project name.

Box Folder Content
18 3 Allen Memorial Church, 1970; 1976; 1980-1981
OP11 Allen Memorial Church
18 4 Allen Memorial Church—Church School Building, 1949; 1953-56
18 5 Chapel, 1954; 1960; 1966-1969
18 6 Dickey Hall, 1955-1957; 1973
18 7 Dowman Hall, 1960-1961
18 8 Haygood Hall, 1949; 1955-1958; 1962
18 9 Haygood Hall fire and renovations, 1973-1975; 1980-1981
XOP35 Haygood Hall
18 10 History Hall, 1961-1962
18 11 Hopkins Hall (later Eady Center), 1987-1990
18 12 Housing, 1952-1961; 1964; 1966-1971
18 13 Infirmary renovations, 1985-1986
18 14 Library, 1965-1968
19 1 Library, 1969-1971
19 2 Oxford College general business, 1958-1968
19 3 Oxford College general business, 1969-1974
19 4 Phi Gamma Hall renovations, 1978; 1980-1982; 1989
19 5 Physical Education Facilities, 1973-1977
XOP36 Physical Education Facilities
20 1 Pierce Hall, 1954; 1956-1963
20 2 President—s House, 1983; 1987-1988
20 3 Seney Hall, 1971-1979
XOP37 Seney Hall
20 4 Stone and Bonnell Halls, 1958-1961
v1.11.0-dev