OXFORD (GA.).
Oxford (Ga.) records, 1837-1999

Emory University

Emory University Archives

Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-6887

rose.library@emory.edu

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/pmjsr


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Oxford (Ga.).
Title: Oxford (Ga.) records, 1837-1999
Call Number:Series No. 271
Extent: 3 linear feet (3 boxes) and 2 OPs (oversized papers)
Abstract:Records include minutes of the Oxford, Georgia City Council and a copy of the original town map.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Special restrictions apply: Collection restricted in accordance with Emory University Policy for unprocessed collections.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Gift

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Oxford (Ga.) records, Emory University Archives, Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library, Emory University.

Processing

Unprocessed.


Collection Description

Administrative History

Oxford, Georgia was incorporated in Newton County in 1939. Its name comes from Oxford University in England, and it was home to Emory College from the school’s founding in 1836 as a manual labor school. When Emory College moved its main operations to Druid Hills, Georgia, the University maintained the Oxford campus in a number of educational forms. Oxford was incorporated as a city in 1914.

Scope and Content Note

Records include minutes of the Oxford City Council and a copy of the original town map.

Arrangement Note

Unprocessed.


Selected Search Terms

Corporate Names

Topical Terms

Form/Genre Terms


v1.11.0-dev