SANDY CREEK CHURCH (JACKSON COUNTY, GA.)
Sandy Creek Church (Jackson County, Ga.) records, 1832-1906

Emory University

Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library

Atlanta, GA 30322

404-727-6887

rose.library@emory.edu

Permanent link: http://pid.emory.edu/ark:/25593/8zvb5


Descriptive Summary

Creator: Sandy Creek Church (Jackson County, Ga.)
Title: Sandy Creek Church (Jackson County, Ga.) records, 1832-1906
Call Number:Manuscript Collection No. 414
Extent: 1 microfilm reel (MF)
Abstract:Microfilm copy of three record books of the Sandy Creek Presbyterian Church in Jackson County, Georgia which contain baptisms, lists of members, and records of funds collected for missions.
Language:Materials entirely in English.

Administrative Information

Restrictions on Access

Unrestricted access.

Terms Governing Use and Reproduction

All requests subject to limitations noted in departmental policies on reproduction.

Source

Loaned for filming, 1963.

Citation

[after identification of item(s)], Sandy Creek Church (Jackson County, Ga.) records, 1832-1906, Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library, Emory University.

Processing

Processed by MRD, 1963.


Collection Description

Biographical Note

Sandy Creek Presbyterian Church, in Jackson County, Georgia, was originally called Bethesda Church. The church was probably established in 1832.

Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of a microfilm copy of three record books of the Sandy Creek Presbyterian Church from 1832-1906. The record books (3 volumes) include notes on the reception, baptism, or dismissal of members; lists of male and female members; notations concerning slave members; and funds collected for missions and for Oglethorpe College. Notes are also included on a committee appointed to deal with a church member who continued to use profane language.


Selected Search Terms

Topical Terms

Geographic Names

Form/Genre Terms


v1.11.0-dev