Browse Finding Aids

232 finding aids found, displaying 91 - 100


Emory University. Center for Research in Social Change.

Witness to the Holocaust project files, 1939-2005 (bulk 1978-1983)

62 linear ft. (88 boxes and 1 OP [oversized paper])

Records from Emory University's Center for Research in Social Change Witness to the Holocaust project (1978-1982) primarily consist of recorded interviews and their associated transcripts of World War II concentration camp liberators and survivors, many of them residents of Atlanta, Georgia. It also includes a large collection of photographic prints and negatives depicting the conditions in concentration camps circa 1945 as well as images from the post-World War II era; subject files, including clippings, reports, and published materials relating to the Holocaust, Nazism, Israel, and Emory University's Witness to the Holocaust project; and publications, including entire issues of such newspapers and magazines as Hadassah, Martyrdom and the Resistance, and The Southern Israelite.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Center for the Study of Law and Religion.

Center for the Study of Law and Religion records, 1990-2016, undated

2.10 linear ft. (5 boxes)

Contains research project materials, invitations, lectures, and printed material related to the Center for the Study of Law and Religion.

Repository: Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library

Emory University. Center for Women.

Center for Women at Emory records, 1990-2013

20 linear ft. (37 boxes), 1 oversized paper folder (OP), and 3 extra-oversized paper folders (XOP), and web sites.

The Center for Women at Emory began as a recommendation to establish a center to advocate for women's issues and provide information, support services, and educational programs in 1990 by university-wide task force and began operations in 1992 as the Emory Women's Center. The records of the Center for Women at Emory consist of materials related to the administration of the center, events and programs sponsored by the center, and various audiovisual recordings and digital records produced by the center's activities.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. CHOICES.

CHOICES (The Undergraduate Women's Forum) records, 1986-1997

.5 linear ft. (2 boxes)

Records include clippings, promotional material, scrapbooks, photographs, copies of the consititution, membership lists, and correspondence from CHOICES, the Undergraduate Women's Forum, feminist student group at Emory.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. College of Arts and Sciences.

Planning Board of the College of Arts and Sciences records, 1943-circa 1959

.25 linear ft. (1 box)

Series consists of memoranda, reports, and recommendations made by the Planning Board of the College of Arts and Sciences, which was convened by Emory College Dean J.H. Purks in 1943 to conduct long-term planning for the University.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Creative Writing Program.

Creative Writing Progam records, 1990-2007

2.25 linear ft. (5 boxes) and 1 oversized paper (OP)

The collection contains materials from the Creative Writing Program at Emory University and includes promotional materials and audio recordings of the Creative Writing Reading Series and the Summer Writing Institute.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Dance Program.

Dance Program records, 1987-2011

1.75 linear ft. (3 boxes), 7 oversize paper folders (OP), and

Clippings, programs, and ephemera from the Emory Dance Program.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Dept. of African American Studies.

Department of African American Studies records, 1970-2003

8.75 linear ft. (17 boxes)

The Department of African American Studies was established at Emory University in 2003 from the African American Studies Program, 1992-2003, previously known as the Black Studies Program, 1971-1980; Afro-American and African Studies Program, 1980-1984; and African American and African Studies Program, 1984-1992. Prominent faculty members included Dolores P. Aldridge, the program's first chairperson, and Rudolph P. Byrd. The collection is chiefly the records of the Department of African American Studies' institutional predecessors at Emory University. Records consist of administrative materials, curriculum and course offerings, correspondence, programs and event planning, annual reports and audio-visual materials. There are also materials related to Emory University's affirmative action program, racial inequities at the University, and the recruitment of African American faculty members and students.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Dept. of Biology

Department of Biology records, 1930-2004

4.5 linear ft. (9 boxes) and

The Department of Biology was established at Emory College in 1911, though courses in biology had been taught prior to that. The Department continued to operate the auspices of Emory University after the rechartering of the school in 1914.The collection consists chiefly of the records, 1930-1993, of the Department of Biology at Emory University. The records include administrative materials, meeting minutes, audiovisual materials, newspaper clippings, and subject files. The records also include materials related to special endeavors by Biology Department faculty such as the Emory Herbarium and the Baker Woodlands. Many materials come from Woolford Bales Baker who served as Professor from 1919-1961. Materials relating to William Dudley Burbanck's history of the Department of Biology are also contained within the collection as are materials related to Emory University's chapter of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Dept. of Chemistry.

Department of Chemistry records, 1951-1999

1.5 linear ft. (2 boxes) and

The collection includes a departmental history, clippings, newsletters, brochures, and other materials related to the Department of Chemistry at Emory University.

Repository: Emory University Archives

v1.11.0-dev