Browse Finding Aids

244 finding aids found, displaying 81 - 90


Emory University. Inauguration Committee.

Inauguration Committee records, 1957-1963

6 linear ft. (8 boxes) and 2 extra-oversized paper folders (XOP)

The collection includes planning files, invitation lists, event schedules, form letters, and other records of the Inauguration Committee in relation to the inaugurations of Emory University presidents S. Walter Martin and Sanford S. Atwood.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Dept. of Biology

Department of Biology records, 1930-2004

4.5 linear ft. (9 boxes) and

The Department of Biology was established at Emory College in 1911, though courses in biology had been taught prior to that. The Department continued to operate the auspices of Emory University after the rechartering of the school in 1914.The collection consists chiefly of the records, 1930-1993, of the Department of Biology at Emory University. The records include administrative materials, meeting minutes, audiovisual materials, newspaper clippings, and subject files. The records also include materials related to special endeavors by Biology Department faculty such as the Emory Herbarium and the Baker Woodlands. Many materials come from Woolford Bales Baker who served as Professor from 1919-1961. Materials relating to William Dudley Burbanck's history of the Department of Biology are also contained within the collection as are materials related to Emory University's chapter of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. School of Law.

Emory Law School Historical Information collection, 1942-2009

0.40 linear ft. (1 box)

Artificial collection containing several types of information relating to the history of the Emory Law School.

Repository: Emory Law Archives, Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library

Emory University. Office of the Secretary.

Office of the Secretary records, circa 1980-2000

82.75 linear ft. (90 boxes)

The collection includes correspondence, subject files, and other records of the Office of the Secretary of Emory University.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University

Student performing groups collection, 1925-1986

.5 linear ft. (1 box)

The collection contains materials gathered by Emory University Archives staff from various student groups at Emory University involved in live productions theater, dance, and other performance arts.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Center for Creativity and Arts.

Center for Creativity and Arts records, 1998-2010

2.5 linear ft. (5 boxes) and

Records contain promotional materials for arts events at Emory University collected by the Center for Creativity and Arts, including those collected from performing and visual arts groups, museums, and lecture series promoted by such campus institutions as the Art History Department, The Creative Writing Department, the Music Department, the Dance Program, the Film Studies Department, and the Michael C. Carlos Museum, among others.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University.

Emory University student political organizations collection, 1948-1997

.5 linear ft. (1 box and 1 oversized paper folder(OP))

This collection brings together materials related to student political organizations at Emory University and includes constitutions and by-laws, correspondence, membership lists, and ephemera including event flyers, newsletters, circular letters, and campaign materials.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. University Worship.

University Worship records, 1958-1991

.5 linear feet (1 box)

Records include programs, correspondence, minutes, and other related material from the University Worship religious program at Emory University.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Office of Business Management

Office of Business Management buildings and facilities files, 1927-1993

9.75 linear ft. (20 boxes ), 10 oversized papers (OP), and 37 extra oversized papers (XOP).

Business and facilities files of the Office of Business Management include materials related to the construction, renovation, acquisition, disposition, and management of Emory University’s buildings and properties, as well as other facilities affiliated with the University. Included are legal documents and correspondence, internal memoranda regarding the planning and maintenance of University facilities, plats, surveys, site plans, and other architectural renderings. Materials span the period 1927-1993, but the bulk of the collection originates from 1950-1989.

Repository: Emory University Archives

Emory University. Office of Alumni Publications.

Emory Unit subject file, 1930-1945

0.25 linear ft. (1 box)

Collection consists of a subject file on the United States Army 43rd General Hospital, also known as the Emory Unit, apparently maintained by persons involved in the production of the Emory Alumnus magazine. Subject file contains correspondence and press releases from officers serving in the Emory Unit during World War II at Camp Livingston, La., in Algeria, Italy, and southern France. There are also clippings, unit rosters, and a few photographs and publications.

Repository: Emory University Archives

v1.11.0-dev